Magellan’s RoadMate 760 bears quite a resemblance to its earlier RoadMate 700. Looks, however, seem to be the only thing that the two have in common. The 760 is improved in many ways over it’s counterpart the RoadMate 700.
The 760 is a portable GPS device. At 6.5″ W x 3.25″ H x 2″D, and weighing only 13 ounces, it is definitely a device that you can take with you when you go. It comes preloaded with maps for the United States and Canada, and you can unlock European maps for an additional fee.
The points of interest database in the RoadMate 760 is some 6 million gas stations, restaurants, emergency rooms, hotels, etc. You also have the option to program your own points of interest.
Navigation is as easy as touching the 3.75 inch diagonal display and entering your destination. The re-routing features work very well. If you find yourself in a traffic delay, the 760 will re-route your course within seconds, and have you back on the road in no time. The display adjusts automatically to lighting conditions, and it switches to night mode automatically also. The screen is less reflective than most GPS devices of this caliber, and so it’s easy to view even in direct sunlight.
It is powered with an AC adapter or a 12 V DC car charger, not an internal battery. So, you can’t use it if it’s not plugged in. You can set the 760 to automatically power up when your car is started, something that other GPS devices lack.
Overall, with the anti-glare, easy to see screen, the great re-routing feature, and the fact that locking on a satellite is much easier than you’d think, less than a minute cold, the RoadMate 760 is a good GPS device. Of course, if you’re looking for all the extras such as Bluetooth, etc., then you won’t be happy with this one. But if all you really need is to get from where you are to where you’re going, then the 760 could definitely be for you.
Enter several stops on a single trip and the Multi-destination Route Optimization feature will calculate and guide you on the quickest route between them, or in whichever order you choose. It’s the perfect feature for on-the-go business people and active families.
SmartDetour will automatically route around stopped freeway traffic. Plus, if you find yourself stopped in traffic on city streets you can easily route around the traffic jam by selecting Detour on the Options menu.
Simple touch-screen menus make it easy to enter an address or select a point of interest. QuickSpell™ automatically completes entries and shows you a list of available destinations.
Let your Magellan RoadMate 760 guide you on every driving adventure with a set of advanced features that defies its ease and mobility. From the creators of Hertz NeverLost®.1
1Features and performance are not identical to Hertz NeverLost. Hertz NeverLost is a registered trademark of Hertz Syste
- Easy-to-use – Quick access to features through simple touch-screen menus and keypad
- Turn-by-turn voice and visual guidance – BE THERE™ quickly and safely
- Built-in maps – 49 United States, US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Canada. Unlock European maps for an additional fee.
- Multi-destination Route Optimization – Select up to 20 destinations and optimize the most direct route between them
- SayWhere™ text-to-speech – Hear when to make each turn including the street name
- SmartDetour – Customize the settings to automatically route you around slow freeway traffic
- Auto Re-route – Never miss a turn and quickly get back on track whenever you take a detour
- SmartVolume™ – Turns up the speaker at 45 MPH
- Auto night view – Adjusts color and contrast for easy night viewing
- QuickSpell™ – Easily enter addresses with unique auto-complete feature
- Complete mobility – Transfer to any vehicle with no installation
- Over 6 million points of interest (POI) – Easily find gas stations, restaurants, ATMs, airports, parks and more
- Interactive POI icons – Touch an onscreen icon for a nearby destination; see phone number and get an instant route
- Customizable route method – Shortest time, shortest distance, least use or most use of freeways, avoid toll roads
- Route exclusion – Select streets or freeways to avoid
- 3 easy views – Map View, TrueView™ 3D split screen, Maneuver List
- Address Book – Create and store personal points of interest for easy reoccurring trips
- Beam addresses from your PDA – Supports most Pocket PC® and Palm® devices, including SmartPhone™
- Instant locate – One touch shows your location; quickly advise roadside assistance or emergency services
Product Number: 980652-12
|Base Map||Pre-loaded detailed maps of the U.S. and Canada / Unlock European maps for an additional fee|
|Size||6.5″ W x 3.25″ H x 2″ D (W 16.51 cm x H 8.26 cm x D 5.1 cm)|
|Weight||13 oz (368.5 g)|
|Display||3.75″ diagonal touch screen: full-color, high resolution, transflective TFT, backlit, automatically adjusts to light conditions|
|Memory||20 GB hard drive|
|Data Storage||Unlimited / Compact Flash (CF) Card compatible|
|Antenna||Built-in multidirectional patch|
|Keypad||Eight direct-access keys, plus power, volume and repeat buttons|
|Operating Range||14 to 140°F (-10 to 60°C)|
|Receiver||14 channels, WAAS/EGNOS enabled|
|Acquisition Time||Hot: 20 seconds, Cold: 60 seconds, Initial: 5 minutes|
|Update Rate||Once per second|
|Accuracy||3 to 5 meters (10 – 16 feet) – WAAS/EGNOS, < 7 meters (15 feet) – GPS only|
|Languages||Voice guidance in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch / SayWhereTM text-to-speech in North America, English only|
|Source||12 V AC or vehicle adapter|